Code of Practice Complaints
Foxland Dental Surgery
Code of practice for patient complaints
At Foxland Dental Surgery, we take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are death with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
Our aim is to react to complaint in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to our patients concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service that we provide is Dr. Reena Aggarwal is our complaints manager
- If a complaint on the telephone or at the receptionist desk, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer her/him to the complaints Manager immediately. If the complaint manager is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when they will be able to talk to the dentist and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangement will be made for someone else to deal with it.
- If the patients complains in writing the letter will passed on immediately to the complaints Manager.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patients complaints in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as possible, normally within three working day.
- We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to them on the phone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delays and a likely period within which the investigate will be completed
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaints received.
Contact details are: Dental Complaints Service
2 Cherry Orchard Road
Croydon. CR0 6BA
Telephone: 020 8253 0800
(Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm)